The best deals in the world are not always the most reliable. Fragrance discounters, for example, can offer a significant discount on your favorite perfume or cologne. But with so many choices available and varying quality levels of products, it is important to know what you’re getting before you buy!
There is a lot of confusion about fragrance discounters online. When you are looking for the best way to save money on your favorite scents, it’s important that you know what to look out for.
In this article, we will discuss everything from fake fragrance discounters to how to spot them – as well as which ones are safe and which ones are worth buying from. Also, we’ll give you a list of reliable (and our best and favorite) fragrance discounters.
Photo by lucas mendes on Unsplash
Next, we’ll explain why you should always be careful when trying to shop for discount perfumes and perfumes that are on sale. Ready? Let’s go!
More info: fake make-up
More info: How to travel with perfume
Table of Contents
What are Fragrance Discounters?
Fragrance discounters are online stores that offer discounts on popular perfumes and colognes. They often sell the exact same items as department stores at a significant discount, if not for free!
These fragrance shops don’t have to pay for expensive retail space or employees – all they need is an internet connection and this gives them more room for discounts.
Unfortunately, many of the fragrance discounters around today are not offering real deals – they’re selling counterfeits! This means that you could be buying an imitation version of your favorite perfume instead of the real thing without even knowing it. Worse yet, counterfeit perfumes can seriously damage your health and wellbeing if used for a long time or after a while.
The best Fragrance Discounters
These Fragrance Discounters have been tested by us, so you know they’re safe to use.
They have a very large selection of perfumes and colognes for both men and women. And they’ve been around since 1998 – so it’s pretty reliable!
FragranceX is great if you want designer fragrances at up to 80% off the retail price. Especially since they are one of the only fragrance discounters that are authorized retailers for their brands.
Another great place to get designer fragrances is Perfume Outlet. They have a very good reputation online – and it’s well deserved!
The prices here are pretty low, but you still get authentic perfumes at up to 80 % off the retail price.
Fragrance Net, this website is the best place to get designer fragrances at up to 70% off retail price! If you’re looking for a high-end fragrance, this is the site to visit.
This company has been in business since 1988 and sells both perfumes and colognes. They have a wide variety of brands to choose from (including some hard-to-find ones) and they offer free shipping on orders over $75 !
This is a great website if you’re looking for niche fragrances. They have perfumes from all your favorite brands and it’s a reliable place to shop at up to 60% off the retail price!
They specialize in designer perfumes and colognes – for both men and women. However, they don’t sell any fragrances that are sold in department or drugstores (like Adidas, Calvin Klein , etc.) . Scentbird is the best place to get your favorite luxury scents at up to 35 % off!
ScentBird is a unique fragrance discounter in that they allow you to try out new perfumes before you buy them.
This is great for finding your perfect scent without wasting any money on something you might not like. You can also get 30% off your first month’s subscription!
This website is a little different than the others because they sell both cosmetics and fragrances.
They have a wide variety of brands to choose from at really great prices. Plus, they offer free shipping on orders over $40!
This website is a great place to find both designer and non-designer fragrances. They have over 16,000 different products to choose from!
And if you sign up for their mailing list, you’ll get $15 off your next purchase!
MaxAroma has a very large selection of perfumes and colognes – for both men and women.
They also sell all the popular brands, so you’re sure to find your favorite scent here! They offer free shipping on orders over $75.
This is Canada’s #one online fragrance store. They have an amazing selection of designer fragrances – both men and women can choose from over 15,000 different ones!
Fragrancebuy has a great reputation for selling authentic perfumes at very low prices. And they offer free shipping on orders over $100 !
On Amazon, you can buy different discounted fragrances. And sometimes, if you’re lucky, you can find a really great deal on a designer fragrance!
Just be careful to make sure that the seller is reputable and that the product is authentic.
There are many different Fragrance discounters out there, but not all of them are safe to use. Be sure to do your research before buying from any of them!
And if you’re looking for a great deal on a designer fragrance, be sure to check out ScentBird or Fragrancebuy.ca. They both offer amazing discounts on high-end fragrances!
This website has a really large selection of perfumes and colognes – for both men and women. And they also have beauty products, skincare items, hair styling tools, etc., so you can get all your shopping done in one place!
When it comes to buying discount fragrances online, this is definitely one of
The Difference Between a Fake and Authentic Perfume
To ensure that you are getting the real deal, it is important to know what makes a counterfeit perfume different from an authentic one.
The best way to tell if your favorite fragrance is fake or not comes down to quality standards for each product:
- Authentic brands have a much higher quality control standard than counterfeiters. This means that the ingredients, scent, and packaging will all be high quality – something that is often lacking in fake fragrances.
- Counterfeit products are usually made in an unknown location with unknown ingredients. They may also not meet safety or regulatory standards. This can be dangerous to your health!
- Authentic perfumes will have a serial number, manufacturer’s mark, and batch code either on the box or directly on the bottle. You should take care when purchasing fragrances that are not packaged in this way because they could very well be fakes!
Are Fragrance Discounters safe to use?
Not all fragrance discounters are fake; some sell authentic products at a discount. When buying from these types of stores, it is important to learn how to spot the fakes – here’s what you need to know:
- A big red flag for counterfeit fragrances is price fluctuation. Real brands do not offer deep discounts on their products, so if a perfume is being sold for 50% or more off the original price it should be considered suspect.
- You also need to watch out for unusually low prices. If you see a bottle of your favorite fragrance selling for under $20, there’s something wrong with that deal! That isn’t how these brands operate and it’s likely that you’ll be getting a fake.
- It is also important to check the seller’s rating and reviews. If there are no reviews or if they seem fake, it’s probably not a safe place to buy your perfume.
- Another way to tell if an online store is selling fakes is by checking the domain name. Many counterfeiters will use a similar domain name to the real one in order to fool customers – so, be sure to do your research!
- Be careful of any website that is not reputable and does not have contact information listed.
The safest way to buy fragrances online is from a store that has been verified as an authentic brand. Many brands will sell their products directly on sites like Amazon or eBay to make it easier for you to shop – check the About Us page of any brand before making a purchase!
Are there fake fragrance discounters?
The short answer is yes, unfortunately. There are many people all over the world that create counterfeit versions of popular fragrances. They are usually sold through independent sites, marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, or even on the street.
It is often hard to identify fakes because of how closely they resemble authentic perfumes – so be sure that you know what separates an original from a fake before buying!
Can you buy perfume testers safely?
Many retailers sell perfume testers for less than the original price. These scents are usually either used or returned, so there is no risk of running into fakes here. If you’re looking to try out a new scent before investing in it full-price, tester bottles are a great value!
How to Shop for discount perfumes
When shopping for fragrances at a discount, there are a few things you can do to ensure that you’re getting the real deal. Here’s our little checklist:
- Only buy from established retailers. Counterfeits are often sold through independent sites or marketplaces, so be sure to check the site carefully before making a purchase!
- Make sure that the bottle is sealed and has not been tampered with – this means checking for glue residue, wrinkles in packaging, etc. This may sound extreme, but it’s a common way for scammers to try and sell fake perfumes.
- Look for the serial number, manufacturer’s mark, and batch code on the bottle. If any of these are missing or if they seem fake, don’t buy them!
- Check the seller’s rating and reviews before making a purchase – if they seem fake, it’s probably not a safe place to buy your perfume.
- Check the website for contact information in case you have any questions or problems with your order. If there is no contact information listed, don’t buy from that site!
- Be aware of pricing fluctuations – if a fragrance is being sold for way more or way less than it should be, it’s probably a fake.
- Look for the brand name and logo on the bottle – this is an easy way to tell if you’re getting a counterfeit product.
- Finally, do your research! Many scammers will use similar domain names to well-known brands in order to fool unsuspecting customers. Check the About Us page before making a purchase!
- Check if the website has a https certificate. This is very important, you don’t want all of your personal data to be sent all over the internet without it being secured. If the website does not have a certificate, do not buy from it!
- Be sure to check for fake reviews – many scammers will create social media profiles and review accounts in order to make their product seem more authentic.
- Check if there is contact information listed on the site before making a purchase. If you can’t find any contact information, it’s probably not a safe place to buy your perfume.
- Don’t buy perfumes or cosmetics on websites like Alibaba.com or Aliexpress, Wish… many of the items offered are counterfeits. There’s also a lot of fake make-up and counterfeit make-up being sold on there. You should not buy any kind of perfume, make-up, skincare,… on there because it has not been tested thorougly as it would be by the FDA.
- Finally, if you’re still unsure about a retailer, reach out to an expert! The Fragrance Foundation has a toll-free consumer helpline (888-SAFE-BUY) that can help you determine if a site is legitimate or not.
Hopefully, this article has helped you find the best fragrance discounters out there! Just be sure to do your research before buying anything and to read the reviews. And always remember: imitation fragrances can be harmful to your health, so it’s important to buy from a reputable seller.
Check out customer reviews and ratings before making a purchase, as well as their social media presence – this will let you know how reputable they are.